Thank you Kat Kinx for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award. It is truly an honor that you think me worthy…I love your blog too.
What Is Mystery Blogger Award –
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma (The creator of this award)
Three things about myself:
1. I have a Southern accent when I’m tired or drunk
2. I am in the process of learning two languages (I should have stuck with just one)
3. I dance…in the car, in the kitchen, in the yard, in line at the grocery store…sometimes just a little – sometimes quite audaciously. (And I’m not a good dancer! LOL) I’m about to sign up for Tango classes though…so maybe I will get better!
Questions that I need to answer:
1. If you could, what is the one most important thing you would like to share with the world? Hmmm…if I could wave a magic wand and instantly share one thing, I think it would be tolerance. We need a society that doesn’t tear people down for their differences, but rather appreciates people for their unique perspectives (us being special snowflakes and all…).
2. What made you decide to start a blog?
Honestly, I believe it was frustration. I needed to express myself and at that moment I had no one I could share all of me with and speak freely, so I started doing it through blogging.
3. Who has made the biggest impact on your life?
So many people have had a huge impact on my life…my momma, Ram Dass, Wayne Dyer, artists, musicians, philosophers, writers…everyone I meet is a teacher of one kind or another. If I had to choose just one, I guess I would say my momma because she inspired me to seek constant learning which led me to everyone else.
4. What one thing about yourself do you think is weird/funny?
Well, I don’t think it’s weird or funny but everyone else seems to think it is. I go barefoot most of the time, even in the winter. I like to be grounded to the earth and I don’t care for the “constricted” feeling of shoes. And yes, I do have manners and wear them when “appropriateness” deems it necessary (I just will take them off again when no one is looking).
5. If there is one person you could go back in time to, who is it and what would you say or do?
So many great possibilities with this question…In all honesty though – If I could, I would go back to a younger version of myself and say don’t waste time being what other people expect you to be or want you to be…not for one second. Life is too short not to live full out in authenticity every second of every day – to hell with anyone who doesn’t like it.
Here are my nominations:
The Random Blog of Irreverent Thoughts
Here are the questions for my nominees:
1. What one thing do you wish more people knew or understood about you?
2. What did you want to be when you were a child? Did you become it?
3. What is one thing you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t had the courage to do yet?
4. What is your favorite book and why?
5. What is the funniest thing you ever encountered when you were dating?
Link to my “best” post: I’m sorry – I don’t really have a “best” post yet…that I’m aware of. I really like one from 12 years ago – but it was on MySpace and no link is available…I would have to post it again.